Navigating The Cancer Journey

cancer journey

Cancer does not discriminate. It impacts people from all walks of life. When the road gets bumpy, it helps to have companions on the journey. SCS journeys with cancer patients at every stage of the cancer journey. The Society provides a range of assistance schemes to alleviate the financial burden of treatment costs for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents from low and middle income families.

These provide cancer patients with avenues for assistance at every stage of treatment: from pre-treatment, when they are first diagnosed with cancer, to post-treatment and beyond. Find out more about our assistance schemes below.

Cancer Care Fund

icon cancer care fund

What Is It?

The Cancer Care Fund is a one-time financial assistance scheme to alleviate the financial burden of newly-diagnosed cancer patients from low or middle income families within the first 6 months of diagnosis.


Who Can Apply?

  • Singaporeans or Permanent Residents (there are exceptions for non-Resident applicants whose parents/spouse/children are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents, and reside in Singapore for a continuous period of not less than 5 years)
  • Patients diagnosed with cancer within 6 months of the date of application
  • Patients who meet the income requirements of the Blue/Orange Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS)


Funding Assistance

Blue CHAS Card

Blue Health Assist card holders with a per capita monthly income of less than $1,200 will receive $1,000.

Orange CHAS Card

Orange Health Assist card holders with a per capital monthly income of less than $2,000 but more than $1,200 will receive $500.


Documents Required

  1. NRIC
  2. Application forms duly completed and signed
  3. CHAS card OR Public Assistance OR Special Grant Card
  4. Permanent Residents and non-residents without CHAS should complete the income declaration form
  5. Medical memo or certificate stating clearly the date of diagnosis
  6. Bank book or bank statement (for those opting for GIRO mode of payment)


How To Apply?

The necessary application forms may be found at the link. Please approach your doctor or medical social worker to complete and submit your application forms, and then send them to Alternatively, you may contact us for more information.